The housing research award program provides:
- monetary awards for impactful housing research
- a travel award to support researcher activities in Northern or remote areas
The CMHC Housing Research Awards provides recognition of world-class housing research being conducted in Canada. The Awards recognize Canadian housing researchers and celebrate their accomplishments. These awards highlight achievements in research, research training, knowledge mobilization and outreach activities. The CMHC Housing Research Awards build on and sustain Canada’s research-based knowledge culture across all fields, including social sciences and humanities, health and technology.
There are four awards that are provided annually:
The following are eligibility requirements for all awards. Applicants must:
- be a Canadian citizen or permanent resident of Canada.
- be an active housing-related researcher, student or individual working in housing
- be in good standing with CMHC
- undertake research must be related to one or more of the strategy's priority areas for action
Note: Award-specific eligibility criteria are located on each award page and in the CMHC Housing Research Awards Applicant Guide. You may only apply to one CMHC Research Award per year.
General inquiries about the National Housing Strategy or technical support
- Phone: 1-800-668-2642 (Business hours (ET): 7:30 a.m. to 7:30 p.m.)
- Email: Innovation-Research@cmhc-schl.gc.ca